"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Good news on all fronts!

Patty left a message on my post about S and her woes, asking me how she is now. I went over to see S today, armed with a few goodies - homemade teacake, a couple of large pieces of staghorn fern, and a birthday card. We had a lovely afternoon, lots of laughs, a few D. & M.s and a cup of tea. Hopefully I cheered her up some!
The other good news is that my PC seems to be okay now. Last night out of desperation, I found Spybot through a link supplied to me on a computer-help site, and was able to run a thorough scan. I also ran similar scans using other anti-spyware sites, just to make sure I was going to get 'em all! They all found hundreds of nasties lurking inside my PC, and got rid of them, I presume. I finally turned everything off, and got to bed sometime after 2 am. Tonight, the MOTH unplugged everything, untangled all the cords, set up his own new toys, and replugged them all. We crossed fingers and legs etc. and turned it all on. Voila! Everything works! And not only that, my PC has not frozen ALL NIGHT. So, touch wood, that Spybot thingy has worked a miracle. MOTH says it was him untangling all the cords, so I won't bother arguing, but PC and Me know better...

6 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

Great minds don't always run in the same directions do they! My hubby and I are usually thinking in two different directions. Glad to hear your pc troubles are over Gina.

Chelle said...

Hurrah Gina! Hope those PC problems are gone for good.

Pamela Kellogg said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Gina!

Gina E. said...

Thanks girls! Lookin' good at the moment!! Did Ken's laptop for him last night as well to try and speed it up....see Patra's Other Place for more details of his computer purchases today! (trying to keep this blog for stitching..forgot when I posted this though!)

Dawn said...

Glad your computer didn't seem to object to using those 'over the internet anti-spyware websites' like mine did last spring. Seized this one up solid and had to lug it off to a local 'computer hospital' for a complete overhaul. Online anti-spyware websites are totally off-limits for me. Nice of you to visit S and cheer her up!

Laurie said...

Glad your computer troubles are over,as much as they can be a pain,I would be lost without my computer!!