"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Scrappy quilt completed

I finally got around to finishing the scrappy quilt that had been lying on my sewing table for weeks while I messed around with other more interesting things!  I used white to bind it, and pink flannelette for the backing.  I've got heaps of this childrens design flannelette from when I was making quilts for the babies in Papua New Guinea, but sadly, that project seems to have fizzled out due to the astronomical cost of transporting the quilts to PNG, then getting them overland to the highlands where the natives live.   So I suppose I can continue to make baby/childrens quilts from time to time, to use up that flannelette!

One of the other projects I was messing around with was a table runner using some cat fabric that was given to me by my lovely friend Sylvia in NSW who is a cat lover as well as a collector of Royalty memorabilia.  Her blog is here.  I hope she sees this - she sent me a heap of cat fabrics and I have been slowly using them up for various projects, but still have a lot left in my stash:-)
This is the top, which only needs backing and binding to finish it.

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Damaged linens mat finished

I don't know what to call this, and I don't know what I will do with it!  It measures 28" x 19".  It was just an experiment to see what could be done with damaged linens.  Those that are stained, torn, or worn beyond repair.  I just took the good bits, framed each piece and joined them all together to make a 'mini quilt'.  More of a wall hanging size, but I'm not going to hang it anywhere.  Mostly likely it will be put on the coffee table for a while, then folded up and put into the cupboard where all my other completed sewing projects live, that aren't out on display anywhere.

Embroidered tablecloths.

Here are some more of the linens that were given to me recently: