"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, September 10, 2005

THE EMBROIDERED GARDEN

"The Embroidered Garden" is the title of this year's Embroidery Guild of Victoria annual exhibition of traditional and contemporary embroidery. The exhibition runs from Saturday Sept. 10th to Sunday Sept. 25th and is open daily from 10 am to 4 pm. Admission is $5 ($4 Pensioners Concession). They also have a gift shop where they sell small embroidered treasures, and many of the original exhibits are also for sale. The Guild is located at 170 Wattletree Road, Malvern (just up from Glenferrie Road). Obviously this information will only be relevant to people living in Victoria, but as I know that many Patra's Place readers are also stitchers, I thought it was worth my while putting in a little plug for the Guild, of which I am a member.

4 comments:

Pamela Kellogg said...

Oh, I wish I could attend this! It sounds really nice Gina! Enjoy your time there!

Maggie Ann said...

What a treat it must be to visit the exhibition. I know I really enjoyed our local quilt show and this sounds even nicer. Does the Guild have a website where they post pics of the winners?

Shell said...

Oh, it sounds wonderful! Alas, I am in Brisvegas, but never mind, I will live vicariously through you and wait until you tell us all how fabulous it was.

Gina E. said...

The Guild does have a website and email address. The website is www.embroiderersguildvic.org
It is a fairly basic site, mostly information for people who want to join, or know more about what they do. I don't know if they will have photos from their exhibition; I don't actually visit the website much, but I will suggest to the president next time I am talking to her, that they should think about putting some more photos on there.