"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, June 02, 2011

A very kind and generous lady.

I had a stroke of good luck today, which doesn't need to be written about here, but I've been comparing my luck to those less fortunate in places like Queensland, Japan and New Zealand, who are struggling to survive after natural disasters. Most of us bloggers click on links on other blogs when we have time to surf, just to see what else is out there. So I wonder if any of my readers have clicked on my links lately. If you haven't, let me bring this one to your attention: Oz Comfort Quilts Jan MacFadyen is the angel right here in Victoria who manages Oz Comfort Quilts. She co-ordinates the trucking or shipping of quilts and other clothing items to places where people are in desperate need. Not only does she dispatch the ready made quilts, she also makes them up herself from fabrics and blocks that are sent to her. Whenever I read her blog, I feel a bit selfish, being so proud of the patchwork I do for my own pleasure. I have a cupboard full of fabrics - far too much for my own use now or in the future, but I do have good intentions. With my new experiences in patchwork and quilting, I'm gathering the confidence to make up a stack of blocks and send them to Jan. Perhaps some of my readers could think of doing the same?

1 comment:

Doreen G said...

Gina I donated a set of blocks that I had stuck away in a cupboard for about 7 years waiting to be finished and Jan had them stitched together the day after she received them.
At least they have a life now with someone who appreciates them and I feel great that they are finished.