"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Friday, June 10, 2011

All rugged out!

I'm done with mug rugs! Well, for the time being. I've done enough to give to a few friends that I will be dining with on Friday night, and there will be a few spares to give to other friends if they like them. I've had great fun doing these, but other projects are calling me, so I've tidied up the mess in my craft room, and will start on my next project in a day or so. These two are made from the fabrics I used to make my Iris quilt. They are both backed with a plain light mauve fabric.
This one is made from fabrics from a variety of sources. The back is from a fat quarter that I bought somewhere. The front uses the teacups material that I used for the border of a table runner, and the gold coloured stuff was a tie. The brown border is from my stash.
Everyone seems to liked chooks and roosters, so I used some of my stash of rooster fabrics for these. The smaller one has a red gingham backing. The larger one is the result of a series of blunders on my part! I used the ric rac to cover uneven stitching, and then I sewed the back and front together the wrong way (not the way I had intended). So I was left with an unhemmed border, which I've covered with good old bias binding! The back is plain green.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Can't wait to see what the next project is

Annie said...

Great way to use up those little pieces of pretty fabrics. And useful too.

On to the next big thing!

Gina E. said...

Gee you two are quick!! Well, I suppose you are both up and dressed for the day. It is 2.40am here and I should be in bed!! Playing with new computer...

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

So pretty and looking forward to what you create next! blessings,Kathleen

Lyndel said...

Oh they are all lovely. Now.. next project, not quilting so I'm hoping it's embroidery? Hope you are staying warm up there, been a bit of a brrrrrr week hasn't it.