"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Patchwork Christmas cards.

If you've been following this blog for a while, you might remember these patchwork cards that I made in August. I'd decided to make some more of them, using Christmas quilting fabrics, and this week I made four for a special group of friends. We've known each other for more than 20 years, and we try to get together at least twice a year to catch up. This week we met at a local pub for dinner, and I finished my patchwork cards in time to hand one to each of my friends. They all loved them!
They look very effective, for something that is so easy to do. Three of them are made of one fabric that has been printed to look like a patchwork of different fabrics, and one is two scraps stitched together; all of them have red ric rac sewn on to embellish the fabric. I wanted to embellish them even more with sequins and beads, but I ran out of time. I don't think my friends cared!

1 comment:

Eggs In My Pocket said...

How special to be able to receive one of these! They are just lovely. blessings,Kathleen