"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Another pink napkin and patchwork Xmas card.

I've been busy today working on these to get them finished. LeeAnn and her hubby are visiting us on Sunday, and the pink napkin is one of the gifts I have for her. I knew these pink napkins would come in handy when I found them at Savers. There were six of them, and I found four plain yellow napkins at the same time. They are great for applique work, as well as embroidery, and you don't have to think about binding the edges! With this one, I "fussy-cut" cupcakes etc. from various fabrics I had in my stash, attached them to the napkin with Applifix iron-on fusible web, then machine stitched around each one to secure it. I would usually hand stitch them, but they were small and fiddly, so I decided to cheat on this one!

This Xmas card is the fifth one I've done, and is destined for another 'crafty' friend next week.

3 comments:

Jane said...

It's not cheating to machine stitch, it's just another way of doing it. I am sure she will love them

Gina E. said...

Thanks Jane - yes, she did like it!

Blanket America said...

I love applique on my baby dress...I want to make a nice one on new jeans tunic...where could I get a nice design?

patchwork