"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

More of LeeAnn's goodies.

Are you ready for some more eye candy of the vintage variety? Today I finished taking photos of the rest of the linens etc. that LeeAnn brought over for me last week. Keeping in mind that some people are still on dial-up and it takes ages for photos to download, I'm not going to post them all at once - five photos per post shouldn't be too much for most computers. Enjoy! Embroiderered handkie, with two brooches attached as a little extra! Handkerchief bag for dressing table drawer. My MIL gave me a couple of these that she'd made herself. Think of all the trees that need not be cut down if we went back to this way of life... LeeAnn told me this framed embroidery was on its way to the tip...OMG! Think of the work that has gone into stitching on black fabric - she was right to save it - don't you agree? Now this is very interesting. A kit for making Brussels Lace/tape lace? with everything including tape and cottons. I think I'll be passing this one on to our Guild. I'll never do it, and it would be a shame to leave it in a cupboard unseen. LeeAnn didn't say whether she came across all these buttons and bling in one lot, or if she collected them separately for me. There are some cute items here - they will eventually find a permanent home on a CQ block or fabric postcard.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Beautiful, it's unbelievable what some people would throw away

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Such pretty eye candy!! I really love the rose handkerchief bag! blessings,Kathleen

Meow (aka Connie) said...

What gorgeous items ... I love the handkerchief bag ... I am a user of hankies, always have one in my pocket !!! The buttons and bits and bobs are lovely ... I've started collecting a few of them, and using them in my scrapbooking sometimes.

Gina E. said...

Thank you for your comments, girls - nice to see you Connie! (grin)