"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Vintage Cars cross stitched wall hanging.

Dear Lee-Ann is forever finding wonderful stuff in opshops in the country towns where she lives and shops. We paid a quick visit to Lee-Ann and Rob on Monday, and she presented me with a little parcel, nicely wrapped in tissue and blue ribbon. She found this item in a church opshop, and decided it was far too good to languish there indefinitely. So for $3, she bought this for me.
A cross stitched wall hanging (or bell pull) of vintage cars. It is worked on linen, and is finished off with a padded backing. This photo doesn't do it justice of course - I should have taken a couple of closeup shots as well, but you will just have to imagine the work that has gone into this. And to end up in the opshop for $3...criminal. I do hope whoever stitched this will somehow sense that her work is very much appreciated, even though we'll probably never meet.


Miss 376 said...

Gina, that is lovely. So glad it has found it's way to a good home

Daffycat said...

I'm so glad it was saved! I can't stand to see stitches in shops like that!