"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Vintage Cars cross stitched wall hanging.

Dear Lee-Ann is forever finding wonderful stuff in opshops in the country towns where she lives and shops. We paid a quick visit to Lee-Ann and Rob on Monday, and she presented me with a little parcel, nicely wrapped in tissue and blue ribbon. She found this item in a church opshop, and decided it was far too good to languish there indefinitely. So for $3, she bought this for me.
A cross stitched wall hanging (or bell pull) of vintage cars. It is worked on linen, and is finished off with a padded backing. This photo doesn't do it justice of course - I should have taken a couple of closeup shots as well, but you will just have to imagine the work that has gone into this. And to end up in the opshop for $3...criminal. I do hope whoever stitched this will somehow sense that her work is very much appreciated, even though we'll probably never meet.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Gina, that is lovely. So glad it has found it's way to a good home

Daffycat said...

I'm so glad it was saved! I can't stand to see stitches in shops like that!