"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Two small projects.

I'm actually glad I had to stay home today - I didn't spend any money, and I spent some time sewing!  Fortunately the pain in my arm doesn't extend to my hand, so as long as I support my elbow on the arm of a chair, I can sew quite comfortably. 
I spent some time on the memory quilt project I'm doing for a friend's anniversary, then I finished off a little stitchery that is the first part of a mini quilt project organised by Lyn Briggs here.  The participants received a pattern every Monday, and have a week to stitch it, and put a border around it.  At the end of seven weeks, we have a nice little pile of framed stitcheries which are made up into blocks with charm squares.


I made this little cutie last night after seeing it on Pinterest. I love all these cute things you can make with felt, so when I found out how Pinterest works, I 'subscribed' to any new links to do with felt crafts.  I have no idea who did this lion originally, so I can't give credit where it is due, but if the creator is reading this, please feel free to claim credit! 

So simple - just a white crocheted doiley attached to a round of yellow felt, with the features stitched in black embroidery thread.  And the paws added separately.  Isn't he a darling!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Hope your arm is feeling better today...your projects are so cute...

Liz in Kansas said...

Oh my, that little lion is sooooo cute! I'm glad your sore arm doesn't keep you from stitching.

Jane said...

He's fabulous, great way to use the doilies