"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Lap quilt top and some stitching done this weekend.


This quilt top is for friends who are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary this year. It should have been bigger, but I had been stocking up on fat quarters of fabric featuring England and Europe, as our friends travel a lot, and wanted a memory quilt of their trips. I'd bought the fat quarters as I found them on eBay, not paying attention to the colours, so I've ended up with a stash that don't match each other! Stupid twit....(Not only that, I ran out of the paper backed cotton to print the photos from my computer, so I'm waiting for some more to arrive.)  I've made the four patch blocks to co-ordinate with one of the fat quarters, and put some of their photos in the middle of the blocks. I'm going to add another wider border, then will finish off with backing and binding, so it will be okay for either a wall hanging, throw for a coffee table, or just a lap quilt.
I'm making another small quilt like this out of a different fabric and four patch blocks, so will need three more photos for that.
This is the second stitchery for Lyn Biggs' Girlfriends mini quilt. I love doing these little embroideries as they only take half an hour to complete, and it is nice to have something finished so quick, even if it is tiny!

1 comment:

Jane said...

I am sure they will love the care and attention gone into this quilt. Great to have the photos included