"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

FABULOUS Opshop discoveries!

Have a look at these two embroidered items that were donated to our local opshop today.  It was very fortunate that I'd been asked to fill in for someone else this afternoon, otherwise I may have missed out on them!  Although the manager had grabbed the cloth before I arrived, and put it in a bag with my name on, so that was lucky.
Exquisitely stitched small table cloth with hand crocheted edging, in perfect condition.  I 've got it soaking in Napisan at the moment, so once it is rinsed and ironed, it will look even better.


This Asian style shawl or runner was in the bottom of a box of clothes, and it was a fluke that I found it there.  It looks like machine embroidery, but I can guarantee you that it is  hand embroidered.  Traditional Japanese and Chinese embroidery is perfect when done by a master of the technique.  Again, it will look much better once it has been carefully washed and pressed.


3 comments:

Linda Steele said...

You were in the right place at the right time to discover those beauties Gina. Thanks for the Nappisan tip.
Linda

Linens and Royals said...

The little tablecloth is beautiful. A great find for your collection Gina. What would we do without NapiSan? Sylvia X

Jane said...

Oh, what gorgeous finds