"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Latest additions to The Collection.

Here are today's arrivals in the mail. The crinoline lady cloth is from the UK, the Peacock pillowcase from the USA (why is it that Americans have a monopoly on Peacock embroideries?), and the handtowel and doilies from within Australia. What else is on the way? A teacosy and doiley from the UK, and a traycloth from NSW. And as always, I have several items being 'watched' on eBay, so it's anyone's guess as to what else will land in my post office box in the next few weeks. I was bidding on a particularly spectacular crinoline lady cloth, which had started off at about five pounds. I put a maximum bid of ten pounds, but the auction finished today at twenty-one pounds...about A$50! Bit out of my price range...

3 comments:

Pamela Kellogg said...

Such lovely additions to your collection Gina! Yes, the peacock is my favorite!

Gina E. said...

Now why doesn't that surprise me, Pam? It sure is a lovely one - quite different from the others in the collection.

Laurie said...

Hi Gina! It's good to be back blogging again,I don't think I realized how much I really missed it!! Beautiful linens~