"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, May 11, 2006

From a local antique shop.

I don't often visit this particular shop, as although they stock a large amount of linen, some of it very collectable, they can be quite expensive, so I would rather not be tempted. But one day last week I was in the area and had time to kill, so...It was not a wasted visit. The crinoline lady runner here was a steal at $12 - the way it has been enhanced with the crochet bit on her dress really appealed to me. The red rose centrepiece was one of a dozen items in a plastic bag marked "Seconds, for craft work", meaning they were either damaged or stained. Well, for another $12 I came away with some lovely items, most of which are currently soaking in Napisan overnight! Watch this space as they say, for photos of these over the next few days. In the meantime, more coming up..

No comments: