"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Meeting Blogging friends face to face!

Only a few years ago, I thought people were NUTS for arranging to meet someone in person after they had been communicating on the Internet. But since then, I have met many ladies whose mutual interest in stitching has brought us together, and I have made friends who I would otherwise never have met. At first, Ken and other family and friends were horrified when I planned to meet people at craft shows, or at their homes, and I had trouble convincing them that these people were middle-aged ladies like myself who shared my interests. But now he doesn't bat an eyelid, and has even met (and liked) many of my new friends!
Today was yet another pleasurable experience, and I hope the start of a long friendship. I met Anne (Feather Stitching) and her delightful Mum at Sharon's (Blank Page) home. Anne and I brought a few items for 'show and tell' and for me, to see Anne's work on her blog is one thing, but the reality is absolutely gorgeous. As well as being a brilliant stitcher, she is a lot of fun. Sharon and Anne will no doubt write up their own thoughts about today on their blogs, so I will not write at length, except to thank Sharon again for opening her home to us until late in the afternoon, providing a delicious lunch, and being her usual cheerful and amusing self. Hope we can do it again sometime soon!

6 comments:

Chelle said...

Sounds like you had a fun visit! I would have loved to join you. Too bad I live on this side of the planet. :o)

The tea cozy is so sweet!

Maggie Ann said...

How special to meet other bloggers in person, and to get to see thier needlework. It must have been a fun day!

Shell said...

Good for you! It must be fun meeting other bloggers in the flesh. I'd love to one day, but I'm a big scaredy-cat as of now. Glad you had a good time!

Deborah said...

Hi Gina, I agree that initially I didn't want to meet people from the internet but I have now attended a number of retreats and have made some very good friends with people who share my hobby. I have loved looking at your vintage embroidery finds, I have some myself and love seeing others!

woof nanny said...

I had a reader of my blog email me yesterday, saying she'd like me to meet her son. Wouldn't it be cool if THAT worked out?!

Anne S said...

Oh crikey, I thought I'd responsed to this already - geez I'm shocking at the moment, I don't know what's wrong with me!! I agree with you, it was a wonderful day, and we definitely have to do it again some day. I've got roster for March now, so I can start looking at planning again :) And thank you for your kind words of my stitching - you're a sweetheart! Will chat soon about another get-together :)