"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, November 27, 2005

60th Anniversary card revised!

Some time ago, I posted a photo of a card I had stitched, showing a glass and bottle of champagne, with '60' on it. I had intended to give it to a couple who are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary next month. But the more I looked at it, the less I liked it - for that occasion, I mean. So I ended up giving it to my cousin for his 60th birthday (see Patra's Other Place) and stitching a more appropriate design for my elderly friends. What do you think - much more suitable for people in their eighties? I made a few slight changes to the original instructions, by using silver thread for the lattice in the window behind the swans, and using metallic thread for the heart between the birds. Hard to see it properly here, but it does look really pretty. I think Mrs S will be thrilled, as she used to do a lot of cross stitch herself when she was younger.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Think its perfect for the couple. You do such nice stichwork!

Gina E. said...

Thanks Peggy!