"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm still wearing my L Plates.

When it comes to embroidery, I am still a novice compared to so many others, but that is not surprising, seeing I have only been an on-and-off-again stitcher all my life until about eight years ago. So I'm enjoying learning new things both at the EGV and through the Internet, particularly the Stitchin Fingers TAST Group (Take A Stitch Tuesday). The members of this Group are given a new stitch to learn every week (with one break a month). I fell off the wagon for a few months earlier this year, but have been trying to catch up with the new stitches posted. Here is my effort for some of this year's stitches. I haven't done all of the stitches shown on TAST, as some are simply too complex for me to figure out by diagrams alone. I learn much quicker when I have someone at my side to show me.
I do enjoy using some of the easier ones on my little patchwork postcards though. I finished this fabric postcard today, and it will be on its way to the USA tomorrow.
I didn't make the ATC below. It arrived in today's mail from Cindy, for our ATC Group exchange for May, using the theme "My Country". Do I need to say she is American? I love it!

2 comments:

Jane said...

I find the postcards are a great way to practise the new stitches on TAST, this postcard is so pretty

SPIRE GIRL said...

very nice photos,i think it is colourful cars,whenver i will come to see your postcard.
my blog:http://blog.6vie.com/
thanks back