"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My response to your comments on previous post.

This is a new post in response to the comments on the previous one, as there are a number of issues I want to address. Thank you everyone who left a comment - always happy to see you!
Sue: Welcome on your first visit here. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'll certainly be back to visit you and probably buy some gorgeous item...as if I haven't got enough already!
Diane and Jeanette: yes, those buds on the hand towel are exquisitely stitched.
Judy: What you find on my blogs is a fraction of what I have in my collection overall. It is a long-held ambition of mine to have a book of some kind published about the collection, but I would not have a clue where to start looking for someone who would be interested in doing it! I have several books about similar collections around the world, and I guess one about mine would sell equally as well, but... Huckabuck is the type of material commonly used for hand towels in early and mid 20th century. It is soft and absorbent, so ideally suited to drying of hands. Also great to stitch on!

No comments: