"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Up, Up and Away!

Time has flown by since February, when hubby and I decided we would attend the Federation Military Tattoo in Hobart, Tas. on the June Long weekend. I booked the tickets over the Internet back in Feb, but waited until last month before I booked our flights, as I was watching for the cheap airfares. And all of a sudden, we are nearly there! As I type, it is just after midnight on Tuesday (really Wednesday morning I guess), so tomorrow will be busy** with last minute things to do. We leave Melb. on Thursday at 8.30 am and will arrive in Hobart about 10 am. We have booked a hire car so we can be independant, although we are staying with friends in Hobart. Our friends don't have a computer, so I won't be blogging or ebaying or anything else until we get back on Sunday night. Although we are only staying four days, we are looking forward to the break from home. A friend will be house sitting to mind the animals, which is one less thing to worry about. **As well as packing etc. tomorrow (today!) I am presenting a talk about my linen collection to the ladies at a local VIEW club (Voice, Interests & Education of Women). I am told they have about 30 - 40 people at their meetings, so it should be a nice group.

3 comments:

Pamela Kellogg said...

Wishing you a wonderful trip Gina!

Finding My Way said...

Hi Gina,
Have a great trip.
Looking forward to hearing all about it. :-)

Sharon said...

Have a great day and long week end Gina... I will speak to you next week...