"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Two more pages from Autograph book

I have scanned some more pages from this lovely family heirloom. My grandfather was apparently quite a talented artist in his time, although I doubt if he was well-known, even locally in Hobart where he lived the last years of his life. I never met him, as in my lifetime he didn't come to Melbourne and I didn't get to Tassie while he was alive. He did the two little landscapes here, and there are a few more which I will scan later on. Someone else did the cartoon on marriage. The lettering may not come up very clearly on the screen - the title under the couple on the spoon is 'before marriage' and under the fork 'after marriage'. Somewhat cynical, don't you think?!

No comments: