"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Friday, June 24, 2005

Calligraphy - another one of my hobbies.

I sometimes click on the "interests" links of other bloggers, and find ever more like-minded souls, and so it was when I clicked on the subject of Calligraphy. I discovered Medieval Lady and Scribe With Gold - both hosted by Patty. I promised I would put a sample of my efforts at calligraphy, so here it is - a menu for a dinner party we hosted for friends one Christmas. I have taken two short courses in the art of beautiful writing, and I have several pens and other implements, but to do it properly, one needs to practice regularly and I never seem to have the time to do it. The story of my life...so much to do and so little time to do it!

1 comment:

Scribe With Gold said...

Gina,
You're so sweet to mention my boring blogs. It appears you have a natural talent for calligraphy. I'm still working on learning new hands. I understand 'so much to do, so little time to do it.' as you've woken up the cross stitch bug in me. ;-) I'm also learning how to make a quilt and crochet/knit. Not too mention have to work on keeping up the yard. Oh and we just had the lillies start to bloom. I'll post a picture later. Gee, I think you get what I mean. ;-) Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
-Patty