"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Father's Day coming up...

Meggiecat and her Dad have put lovely items on their respective Blogs, relating to Fathers Day, and it got me thinking. My Dad died a couple of years ago, aged 94. He was an exceptional person - a wonderful father, and a faithful husband. My Mum was in and out of hospitals for the last 20 years of her life, so Dad was 'Mum and Dad' to my brothers and I. He worked full time, then came home and ran the house, never complaining, nor did he smoke or drink. This photo has always been a favorite of mine - just the two of us in a local park, where we spent many happy hours. He always had time to play with me when I was little, and talk to me as I got older. I will always have beautiful memories, and I hope we meet again in future incarnations.

No comments: