"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Last quilt for a while!

This morning I completed the third quilt top I've been working on. I wanted to get three done quickly, to send to the three ladies I've mentioned previously on this blog - Jan Mac in Kialla (Oz Comfort Quilts), Jan-Maree in NSW (Aussie Hero Quilts), and Julia in the USA (Phoenix Quilts). They will all be sent off on Friday, and I can relax for a while!

The next project on my agenda to complete is my July CQ block. Thank goodness I made up the block during the month! It won't take long to embellish, and once that is done, I can focus on getting my linens ready for the exhibition at Bundoora Homestead, which is fast approaching. It isn't until the end of August, but there is a lot of preparation to be done - details of each item need to be provided to the curators so they can make cards to attach to each exhibit. I also have to figure out a value for insurance purposes; how the hell do you put a value on something that is priceless? Literally priceless, as vintage hand stitched linens can never be replaced if they were to be destroyed in a fire or some other disaster. No amount of money could make up for their loss. I just hope that nothing will happen to my collection while it is in my possession!


beth said...

Lovely quilt! Thanks for sharing.

Sarah Craig said...

Beautiful quilt, and all worthy causes! Thanks for sharing!