"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Last quilt for a while!




This morning I completed the third quilt top I've been working on. I wanted to get three done quickly, to send to the three ladies I've mentioned previously on this blog - Jan Mac in Kialla (Oz Comfort Quilts), Jan-Maree in NSW (Aussie Hero Quilts), and Julia in the USA (Phoenix Quilts). They will all be sent off on Friday, and I can relax for a while!

The next project on my agenda to complete is my July CQ block. Thank goodness I made up the block during the month! It won't take long to embellish, and once that is done, I can focus on getting my linens ready for the exhibition at Bundoora Homestead, which is fast approaching. It isn't until the end of August, but there is a lot of preparation to be done - details of each item need to be provided to the curators so they can make cards to attach to each exhibit. I also have to figure out a value for insurance purposes; how the hell do you put a value on something that is priceless? Literally priceless, as vintage hand stitched linens can never be replaced if they were to be destroyed in a fire or some other disaster. No amount of money could make up for their loss. I just hope that nothing will happen to my collection while it is in my possession!

2 comments:

beth said...

Lovely quilt! Thanks for sharing.

Sarah Craig said...

Beautiful quilt, and all worthy causes! Thanks for sharing!