"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

June block for CQ Challenge is completed.

A few days late, but at least it is done. My theme for the June CQ block is Winter, and the ties I used are in colours that I perceive as wintry - black, blue, grey and white. I added a few glass beads to the clouds in the centre, as well as some silver stitching to highlight the water. The Squaw Valley is one of those souvenir
embroidered badges; I found a heap of them in an opshop once, and thought they might come in handy for a craft project one day! This photo is not square, because I scanned the block instead of photographing it, as the detail shows up better with the scan.


Miss 376 said...

All those colours describe our summer!

Gina E. said...

LOL! But surely not so dark and gloomy? I thought English summers were light blue sky and soft sunshine!