"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Rainbow Kittens.

When I first saw this project a year or so ago in Patchwork & Stitching magazine, I knew I just had to do it. I've been searching for multistriped fabric ever since, and finally found what I wanted on eBay. I bid for and won a fat quarter for $5.50 and it arrived yesterday. Everything else was immediately put on hold until I'd made up four blocks of this cute design! It only took me about 2 hours. I'm not going to make any more blocks because I don't have enough fabric, but at least I've satisfied my yearnings to make this pattern. I still have to hand stitch the details whiskers etc. on their faces, and put a yellow sashing and border around them.

7 comments:

Jane said...

Oh, I love this, hardly surprising really. A whole quilt would be wonderful

Midge said...

That is adorable. I can see why you wanted to make it up.
I'm so glad you managed to find the stripy fabric.

Annie said...

These are so cute! This is like magic to me. How did you do this? Did you cut out by hand and fuse to the back ground? Or am I missing the entire point?

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Oh, Gina, I am so happy you found the fabric ... and the kitties look gorgeous, you have done a great job !! Looking forward to catching up on Friday. See you at 11am !!

Lyndel said...

wonderful design, so fresh and bright! Can't wait to get a copy of the paper with your Pic in it!!! hoping a friend will have one for me on sunday.

Liz in Kansas said...

The kitties are soooo cute! That rainbow fabric is perfect. If you are patient and keep looking, the right answer will eventually come along.

Joanne said...

Very cute Gina.