"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Owls Wall hanging.

A couple of years ago, my generous buddy Sharon gave me a beautiful Japanese style piece of fabric with owls on it, knowing how much I love the little critters. I've had plans for it ever since, but as we all know, when you have too many projects to do, some get overlooked in the passage of time. Yesterday I was searching for some material to make the border for my Oz Comfort quilt top, and found a nice shade of red in my stash, that I thought might suit. When I put it against the browns, it didn't really 'go', so I put it aside. Later I was fossicking among my Japanese fabric stash and pulled out the owl fabric to think about it again. It sat on top of the red fabric and 'spoke to me' - perfect for the inner border! The next wide border will be squares of various Japanese fabrics joined together in a row, and that in turn will be edged by another red tone for the binding.
So here it is with the red border, which will be narrower than this once I add the next border. I was busy with other things today - putting my name and rod sleeves on two of my wall hangings, which are going to the Guild on Thursday, to be hung in the October display of members' work. But I still had time to put this red border on my Owls!

5 comments:

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Oh I love it! We have a big owl that has been hanging out by the corrals and the chicken house the past few nights. He hoots in the early morning hours. You did such a cute piece of work! blessings,Kathleen

Jane said...

Oh, I love those owls

Catherine said...

Oh, so cute.

Joanne said...

Yes, the red works really well with the owl print.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Those owls are too cute, and the red looks great.