"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Progress on Rainbow Kittens, quickie patchwork mat.

I've been working almost non stop on these kittens. These two are now completely finished with the blanket stitch done, which can be seen more clearly if you click on the photo to enlarge it. These three still need the blanket stitch done, and there is one more block with a darker blue face and paws still to be finished off.
The Mystery Quilt project turned out to be a bit of a fizzer as far as I was concerned. It didn't really lead up to anything major; nothing that I could build on. After the four patch blocks had been cut diagonally and sewn together again, the instructions were to just "join the blocks together any way you like and make it into anything you like!" To get it done and off my list of WIPs, I simply added interfacing, backing and a binding, and it will be placed around the house anywhere I see fit to put it from time to time. The backing fabric is a piece from the length I found in the opshop recently. I knew it would come in handy soon!

2 comments:

Annie said...

The kittens look so nice with the blanket stitching. What a cute, cute project.

The patchwork may not have been as inspiring as you hoped for, but it really looks good and I'm sure you will get use out of it!

Jane said...

The kittens look fantastic, love their little faces.
The patchwork has come together really well, and you've certainly got the contrast with the dark and light