"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, September 08, 2011

More about my Rainbow Kittens.

I grinned to myself when I saw all the comments on my last post, knowing how many cat lovers are also quilters! It really is a simple pattern - I would never have been able to do it so quickly otherwise. The pattern provides templates of the cat's body, head, paws, etc. and all you do is trace the pattern on to fusible webbing, iron them onto the appropriate fabrics, and fuse them to the background. Just the usual applique! The cats bodies are the striped fabric that I mentioned, and the paws and head are solid colour fabrics.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Okay, Gina. Don't sell yourself short! The kittens appliques are beautiful, especially with the striped fabric. Please post pics when you get the embroidery done!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Just got a chance to catch up and those kittens are adorable! blessings,Kathleen