"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Monday, September 19, 2011

Quilt top in brown tones.

Here is what I've done so far with those brown tone fabrics. I haven't had enough experience yet to work out accurately how much fabric I need to make a whole (single bed) quilt, so I just made up a bunch of four patch squares, cut an equal number of the dark pattern fabric and joined them up. Looks like I'll need to make the same again to be big enough for a bed, but at least this time I've been making notes as I go, so if I want to do this again, I've got it all written down. Great learning curve, I really enjoyed doing this.

6 comments:

Jane said...

wow, looks good

Doreen G said...

Great job Gina.

Annie said...

That will be a really striking quilt. Excellent piecing!

Sharon said...

Looks great G... For someone who wasn't going to make much more than sampler block it looks like the obsession has bitten you...Great stuff...

Lyndel said...

I agree with Sharon, you are coming along in leaps and bounds in the Quilting Department... lovely colour combination.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Oh, this is just breath taking! The colors and design just pop! You have done such a wonderful job! blessings,Kathleen