"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Showing off my aprons

Last Friday, I gave a talk at Embroidery House (EGV headquarters) about my apron collection. It was suggested that I have my presentation videotaped so that I could put it on YouTube for people to see, and Ken even lent me his video camera to use! But, typical male - his instructions on how to use it were less than detailed, so when I got to the Guild and attempted to set it up, it didn't work. The fact that my mind was elsewhere at the time didn't help either (my car had developed engine problems on the way, and I barely made it to the Guild).

Just as well I'd taken my own camera, and one of the ladies offered to take some photos for me. Here is one of them, when I was about half way through my talk, as you can see by the untidy pile of aprons on my left! Everyone was fascinated by the variety in my collection, and all came up to me afterwards to ask questions, and tell me about their 'apron experiences'. A couple of the other ladies had brought their own aprons to show too, which made the afternoon even more interesting for me, as I'm always pleased to see other people's collections.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Awwww, what a shame about your car and the video camera. I'm glad you were able to get a photo. Sure wish I could have been there to hear your presentation. sigh...