"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, August 17, 2006


I won this gorgeous teacosy on eBay from a guy in England who said he was cleaning out an elderly relative's belongings. In the same package were the items below (the blue embroidery and the applique cloth). I couldn't quite believe this cosy was hand stitched when I saw the photo on eBay, but I decided to take a punt, and I am so pleased that I did. The stitching is so detailed, it is difficult to scan a good picture. On the other side of the cosy is a small patch of flowers.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Chelle said...

Gina this tea cosy is beautiful, absolutely amazing. What a great find.

Lee-ann said...

Hello Gina,
This piece is stunning and I am sure I will get to see it in person one day. is the blue of the skirt all over stitch? I love it well done good find.

Talk to you soon as I have a question??? re October. will chat later.
Lee-ann

Maggie Ann said...

Oh Gina, I'm green with envy...this is so gorgeous!! Happy day when you won this. I'm glad for you.

Lady Laurie said...

Oh wow this is pretty! I recently bought a lightweight bed cover with a southern belle on it...I need to post a picture so you can let me know what you think!

Gina E. said...

Hi girls, thank you for commenting! She is rather special, isn't she. Laurie, I am going to your blog RIGHT NOW, to see if you have photographed the bedcover you mentioned - sounds gorgeous!

Lady Laurie said...

Hey Patra, I just posted some photos of the southern belle coverlet, which is different from the material I am using for an apron, if you want to take a peek.

Isabelle said...

What a find! Such a gorgeous tea-cosy.