"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Update on January block

I was jumping the gun as usual when I posted a pic of my unfinished block last night.  But I've been working on it today and am very happy with how it's looking.  One of the advantages of CQ for me is that I don't get bored with it.  I can work on other kinds of embroidery for a while, and may get bored with it because I know how it is going to look at the end.  Or sometimes I just tire of working on the same thing for weeks/months on end.  But with CQ it is an ongoing surprise - it evolves right before your eyes!  For instance, when I took that photo last night, I'd pulled out from my stash a few beads, sequins and buttons, but today when I knuckled down to the task, I remembered lace, braid, and ric rac, and within half an hour my work table was covered with everything in purple to choose from for embellishing the block!
 So here is where I am up to.  This picture shows the true colours, as I used the scanner instead of the camera.  The block overlaps the sides of the scanner by an inch each side, so the photo is a bit narrow, but you're not missing anything.
Unless I get any more light bulb ideas, tomorrow I will finish the extra feather stitching in dark purple, sew some buttons near the pink ric rac, and add beads or something else to the wide pale pink lace band.

2 comments:

Jane said...

lovely. Looks and sounds as if you're enjoying yourself

Gina E. said...

Thanks Jane...yes I am! Probably more so than with the Skill Builder sampler lately! But I will get back to that when Leila presents a block that I feel comfortable with.