"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

First block for the CQJP 2012.

When I signed up for this challenge, I decided to use my collection of ties as the basis for the blocks. I will select a new colour range for each month out of the ties, and embellish them with whatever I have in my stash. Because the ties themselves are such beautiful fabrics and colours, I won't be over-doing the embellishing, as I don't want to cover up the fabrics too much. The seams will be covered by various embroidered stitches in the usual way, then I will add beads, sequins, and buttons where I think they will fit in. I may use plain (non patterned) fabric for the centre of each block, and sew something on it to make a statement for the whole block, such as an unusual brooch, ear ring, or anything else that matches the colour scheme. So here is my January block. The seams have been done, and I've picked out beads, sequins and buttons from my stash to sew on in the next few days.
Unfortunately, my camera does not like purple for some reason, and rarely gives a true impression of any shades of purple that I photograph. So you will have to take my word for it that these colours are actually vibrant shades of purples and mauves.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Oh that's a brilliant idea. Can't wait to see the whole thing come together