"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Messing around...

There are many other things I could/should be working on, such as finishing the Memories mini quilt, finishing some more UFOs, and making the next two blocks in Leila's Skill Builder Samplers class, but...I borrowed a stack of books from the Eltham Library a few weeks ago, and they are all due back next week. I've already renewed some of them twice, and I can't do it again so I had a close look at them to see if there was any projects I want to do before returning the books. One of the books is this one "Whip Up Mini Quilts" which I was tempted to order from Amazon, but I decided there are only three projects I REALLY wanted to do, and it wouldn't be worth buying the book for myself,  so I'm doing them this weekend.
The first one I've done (just has to have backing and binding to finish it off) is this neat little mat.  It is so easy, just cutting oblong pieces and fitting them together to make a 'frame' for a picture of some sort.
 
In the book they have used a photograph printed on cotton, but I fussy-cut a teacup from some patchwork fabric for mine, and added some lace. I might make some more of these for friends if they ask - using their photos. Make a nice gift!

3 comments:

Jane said...

What a lovely idea

Sharon said...

We have had this book at the shop... I was so close to buying it as I loved that leaf pattern...BUT - when am I ever going to do all that I want to do... Good on you... If you read this before you take it back can you please record it ISBN number - I might do an inter library loan if our library doesn't have it - or I could just simply buy it I guess :)The one your doing looks great...

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Looks amazing, Gina !!