"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Showing off my work!

The Embroiderers' Guild change their gallery display once a month, and invite members to submit their work according to the theme selected for the month. For October, the theme is 'Flowers', so I submitted my Iris wallhanging and the smaller YoYo flowers hanging. When I arrived for my volunteer duty today, I was tickled pink to see them hanging up with all the other beautiful embroideries! When you enter the Gallery, this is on the left side (the tables and chairs are there because there was a class on before I took the pictures): And these are on the right: My small floral hanging is under the larger quilted item on the left. The Iris quilt is at the end of the row. The Guild members there today said it really made a statement with those purple fabrics! They were surprised when I told them the centrepiece was a tea towel.
They stay here for the month of October, then I'll be taking them to Whittlesea, and later on to Lilydale for the Homecraft shows.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Your work looks wonderful! That is so nice to have a display like that where everyone can share their work.

Nima said...

wow..lovely display...