"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Progress report on my current projects.

I have started the Trapunto stitching on the Owls wallhanging. It is slow going, because I am using gold thread, to blend with the gold printed outline of the owls.
The Rainbow Kittens haven't been pushed to one side. The blanket stitching around the cat has been completed on three blocks, and there are three to go. I half finished one today while I was at the Guild.
All the pieces are ready to attach to the background fabric for my 'Abandoned At The Opshop' project, and I will probably work on this next week.

3 comments:

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Trapunto stitching is something I have never tried, it looks so pretty! Cant wait to see when you are finished! blessings,Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Love to see the trapunto stitching also....I've always had trouble with gold thread..seemed to split quite badly..any secrets?

Gina E. said...

Dani, I use Thread Heaven before I start stitching, and again while I'm working on it.