"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, October 01, 2011

Progress on my Owls.

The border is done. I took this idea from the many quilts and wall hangings I've seen at craft shows and in magazines - so quick and easy. Just sew strips of fabric together, then cross-cut them to make new strips with little blocks of each fabric! My next step with this is to add the batting, backing and binding, but this won't be as easy. I want to do the owls in trapunto, which I've never done before. But I've been shown how to do it, and have instructions both on the Net and in books and mags. Don't hold your breath watching for the final result! Although it would be nice if it was ready to go in one of the Shows coming up.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Have fun with them, I am sure they will look wonderful