"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, July 21, 2011

A surprise gift!

Anne over at Feather Stitching is a prolific embroiderer, and not only is she prolific, her work is exquisite. I am always ooohing and aaahing over her blog! Sharon and I were lucky enough to be invited to her home while she was living in Melbourne a few years ago. Anne showed us all the beautiful work she had done, and the files of projects that she wanted to do in the future. We were gobsmacked!
She is in many swaps and exchanges with other stitchers via blogs and websites, and she also gives away her work to friends. I was privileged to receive these little gifts of Anne's work in the mail this week. She knows my passion for peacocks, and that my favourite colour range is aqua/turquoise/teal. There'll be no pins stuck in this cushion! I have a couple of beaded scissor fobs, but so far haven't used them for that purpose. I just might change my mind with this fob though :-) Accompanying the pincushion and fob was this beautiful handcrafted card. Anne says she bought it in Tilba while she was on holidays there some time ago. She said she thought of me when she saw it - Japanese paper craft, turquoise colours! What a sweetie.

2 comments:

Jane said...

What a beautifully matched gift

Sharon said...

Both beautiful as only Anne can do...