"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Coffee Cosy.

My friend Helen asked me if I could make a wrap for her coffee plunger, and I said "No problem! I'll make it to match the mug rug". I started by sewing three strips of fabric together. Next, I layed the lining (green), padding, and top piece on top of each other, sewed them together leaving one end open. I attached two bits of velcro to each end, sewed it all up and voila! The cosy is standing next to my coffee plunger for this pic. Helen's coffee plunger is the larger version.

3 comments:

Jane said...

lovely colours. You'll have to make a smaller one for yourself now

Annie said...

What a cute idea! Such pretty colors and I'm sure your friend will love it.

Anne S said...

Ooh, what a wonderful idea - it looks awesome!! :D Might have to look at doing one of these myself!! I have an embroidery one that I've got kitted up from an Inspirations magazine, but I'd be too scared to ever use it - this one is beautifully functional, and pretty to boot! Great job Gina! :D (BTW, as an aside, I popped a little parcel into the post for you today, so hopefully the next day or two will see the postman delivering it :D)