"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Sunbonnet Sue


Couldn't help myself, could I? I have been wanting to do one of these for years; collecting patterns, bookmarking blogs and websites, etc., and finally last week, after seeing a particularly cute quilt, I just couldn't hold back any longer! This is on one corner of a large plain pink napkin that I had in my stash. I'm going to eventually put three more Sue-type appliques on it, but all different. I've found patterns for "Oriental Sue, Windblown Sue, and Sunhat Sam" as well as heaps of others, but I'll use those three this time around.

5 comments:

Jane said...

She looks gorgeous

Nima said...

wow...cute and lovely...

Sharon said...

LOL there is no stopping you now is there...

artymess said...

She's cute Can't wait to see oriental Sue does she have a Kimono?.......thanks for visiting my blog and leaving lovely comment i was telling my new class about the postcards for the bushfire victims only the other day ......i can't believe that was a year ago ......time flies ......I have posted birthday card so hopefully should be with you on time ....Lorna xx

Anonymous said...

I love sunbonnet sue and you did the best job here! I like the addition of laces and trims. Just makes her so interesting. Years from now people can also appreciate the trims as well as the fabric.