"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Friday, August 26, 2011

Today's finishes.

This block was one of the Skill Builder samplers, and when I saw the same block in the same colours in a magazine, made into a little wall hanging, I thought "I can do that!" It was sheer coincidence that I'd chosen these colours for my sample block; I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the project in a recent "Quick Patchwork" magazine.
This Flying Geese block is the eighth sample block in the Skills Builder series. I'm not really keen on piecing triangles; I can never get the corners to match up properly, but it's all a learning process, and I'm certainly learning a lot from Leila's tutorials.

4 comments:

Jane said...

What a great way to use your block

Annie said...

The wallhanging is such a great a way to use that block.

I think your geese triangles look great. Looks so hard to get those pieced perfectly.

Gina E. said...

Thanks Jane and Annie!

Joy V said...

You're learning well. Nothing wrong with your triangles.