"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Monday, August 15, 2011

"Abandoned at the Op Shop" project.

This photo is of some of the unframed cross stitch and embroidered items I've collected at opshops. I have just finished sewing a black border around each one, and now I want incorporate them into a quilt/wall hanging. I can't make up my mind what kind of fabric to use as the background - plain or patterned? In this picture they are lying on the piece of gingham I bought recently. I don't want the background fabric to detract from the individual pieces, but a plain colour might be too simple. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Joanne said...

That's a fantastic idea, Gina! Thrifty and clever. :)

Linens and Royals said...

Great that all the little abandoned pieces will have a new life. Someone has put a lot of skill into them in the past. I like the black border and the gingham looks good so I think that should be used in the quilt.

Aussie Stitcher said...

I like the way that it looks with the border and on the gingham, great idea.