"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Friday, May 01, 2009

Lots of vintage stuff today!

Two years ago, I gave some of my unworked and unfinished vintage doilies to a friend who loves to crochet. I can't crochet, and these doilies needed the edges crocheted, so Sue offered to do them. I would have got them back ages ago, but she lives about 200 miles away from us, and we haven't been to visit since I gave her the doilies. So she posted them to me. ****************************************************************************** Also in the mail recently was a large envelope from someone whose name I didn't recognise at first. On opening the envelope I found these three doilies and a note from one of the EGV's committee members. Then I remembered - she had rung me last year and told me she'd left some doilies at the EGV office for me, but I kept forgetting to look for them. She obviously got sick of waiting, and decided to post them. Thanks Rachel, if you are reading this!
And these two fishy pieces of fabric? An eBay purchase, which I bought to use for a patchwork project needing an ocean theme. Isn't it pretty?
Finally, I had a spare afternoon today, and as it was a pleasant day for driving (not too hot, too cold, too windy), I decided to do some op shop browsing. I visited four shops and got lucky in three of them. If you go to this blog, you can see what I found.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Looks like you have had an exciting few days, the vintage pieces are beautiful