"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Two finished items.

This is the teapot I've been working on for the Cross Stitchin Fingers Round Robin. I'm glad I've finished it, but I'm not 100% happy with my work. I used 3 strands of DMC on 14ct Aida, and it looks too bulky, even after it is pressed. There is a lot of back stitching on this one, and I think I should have used 2 strands for the cross stitch, to allow for the extra thread in the pattern with the backstitching. Ah well, it's done now. I'm not going to pull it out and start over!
This fabric postcard was intended for the Bushfire Victims Group, but I might keep it and do more for them. The reason for that is that the fabric I used for the base has flags and roos printed all over it at random, and when I cut a piece for this postcard, a bit of kangaroo was left at the top. When I stitched the map outline, it ended up with a roo leg sticking up at the top like a chimney! So I decided to poke an Anzac badge in there to cover it, and I can't give it to someone like that! The next one will be more carefully cut out - I might even cut the flag out and applique it on to plain material. Live and learn!

5 comments:

Miss 376 said...

I find I am learning with each one I do, I suppose that is what makes it so interesting to do. Look forward to receiving the teapot to work on next

Marie Reed said...

I just love fabric postcards! You're doing such a beautiful thing!

Kathleen from Eggs In My Pocket said...

I think the tea pot is precious! Blessings,Kathleen

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your tea pot looks great Gina, and so does your biscornu wip.

Julia said...

Your teapot is lovely Gina..as is the postcard
It's been a while since I last visited you....so much to keep up with.
lovely to visit again..
Julia ♥