"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Friday, September 19, 2008

Update on my textile postcard.

There were some lovely comments on my last few posts - thank you everyone who left a comment, I do enjoy reading them, and will visit you all in return shortly, if I haven't already done so. Isn't the Internet great for finding people with a common interest - especially blogging - just love it! Here is a picture of my fabric CQ postcard...actually, I shouldn't call it CQ, as that stands for Crazy Quilting, and none of my patchwork is 'quilted' - it is just patchwork. Anyway, here is my postcard up until today: Ugh - okay, it isn't quite finished, but the scanner doesn't do it justice. The colours are much more vibrant than this pic. shows. As you can see if you compare this to the photo I posted a week or so ago, I've made a few improvements/changes. I changed the herringbone stitch from green to red, and I've moved the gold ric rac closer to the seam. I have a few more beads to add to the feather stitching at the bottom, and I'm not happy with the leaves on the right hand side, so I may fill them in with button hole or satin stitch yet.

3 comments:

Annie said...

You are really making good progress in this semi-CQ world. Very nice work.

Thanks for the comments on my blog. I added you to my favorites. And I'll be happy to be your partner in an exchange anytime!

Jane said...

And I love the ladybird. This is coming along very nicely

Meow (aka Connie) said...

It's really looking great, Gina ... somewhat different to when I saw it last. They look like such fun ... might have to try something like that when I get back from holidays.
Have a great weekend. See you in a few weeks.
Take care, Meowxx