"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Finished postcard and two new fabric ATCs

I finished off my postcard not long after posting the previous photo - knew I should have waited! I was in the mood today to play with some more of these mini crazy patchworks, so I made two textile ATCs. I tried to photograph them, then tried scanning them, but neither turned out very well, so I settled for the scanned version. I learnt three valuable lessons today, about making textile ATCs:
1. Remove all tacking before ironing interfacing on the back.
2. Do not sew buttons and other 3D trims too close to the edge.
3. Check the width of the stitch on the sewing machine before starting to stitch.
It's just as well these ATCs aren't for an exchange...I'd be embarrassed to send them to anyone!

1 comment:

Jane said...

I think this whole process is a learning curve. These look fun. I finished my first fabric postcard yesterday, and can't wait to try some more. PS-made the soup Saturday and it was gorgeous, thanks for the recipie