"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Craft & Quilt Fair in Melbourne, 26 July.

Today I went to the Craft & Quilt Fair with some friends. We arrived at 9 am and left around 4 pm. When I got home, Ken said "I can't believe you have spent the whole day at that craft fair!" Men...they will never understand the joy of SEX (Stash Enhancement eXperience). Sandra, Kathie and I strolled up each aisle until it was time for me to go to the workshop I had enrolled in - 'Crazy Patchwork'. For $15, the participants received this kit, and for an hour we were shown how to make the pieces into the cute chook you see here:
There was not enough time to finish it, so I hope to do that in the near future, as a way of practicing my CQ skills.
Guess who was in the same workshop? I knew Sharon was thinking of going to the Fair, but we hadn't made any arrangements to meet up, so it was a lovely surprise to find her in the class! We sat together and chatted while we worked on our chooks.
I have posted all the photos I took of the Quilt exhibition on my Flickr site here, but here are two of the quilts that took my fancy in particular. I hope Barb from Woof Nanny is reading this - the quilt below has been made entirely from ties which the owner bought from opshops!!

The quilt below is one of several which were made to commemorate the 80th anniversary of the Royal Flying Doctor Service.

1 comment:

woof nanny said...

Oh wow, how fun! I've seen rail fence with ties before, but this utilizes the narrow end for a bit of a twist. Makes it whimsical. Thank you for posting this and for thinking of me :). I really need to get back to sewing mine...