"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Additions to my Stash.

Naughty girl...I really can't afford $100 on more stash, but what the heck? These Craft fairs are only on here once or twice a year, and I don't go EVERY year. This is what I bought today: Rick Rack!! I've never seen so many colours in dear old rick rack - different widths too, and I just had to have some. The teacups are on a small sheet of peel off paper; I hope to use them on an ATC some time in the future. The enamelled beads on the left will be used to embellish my CQ blocks (current and future), and the beaded flower thingy is going on my teacup CQ. I took it with me today so I could have it on hand to match bits and pieces to it.
I couldn't resist this booklet of Crinoline lady designs. It states on the cover they are for candlewicking, but they can of course be used for anything such as redwork or other embroidery.
This little kit is for two napkins. One with a cupcake and the other with teacup and saucer, to be appliqued on to the napkins provided. The photo of the finished articles is in the kit - what a good idea!

3 comments:

Lelia said...

Beautiful selections. I found a flikr group [on line photos] with Haberdashery pictures. Honestly, I just drool over the buttons, lace, odds & ends.

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Sounds like you found fun and lots of inspiration. The napkins will be adorable when you're done. And I love that crinoline lady booklet.
Patricia :o)

Patty said...

Gina, do you crochet? I won an embroidery pattern where the crinoline ladies' skirts are crochet (crocheted?). I know I'll never use it and will send it to you if you want.