"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bundoora Garden party and my tea cosies.

I have been invited to display my vintage tea cosy collection at Bundoora Homestead's Garden Party next month.  It is on Sunday March 18th from 2 pm to 5 pm.  This is a lead up event to their Tea Cosy Festival in May, where they will have hand made cosies on sale to raise funds for Cancer Council Victoria.  (That's what I'm making my tea cosies for).  The cosies I will have on show at the Garden Party will be my collection of embroidered ones that are part of my linen collection.  Apart from that, it should be a lovely day if the weather is fine.  The gardens of the Bundoora Homestead are beautiful, and there will be other activities, as well as food to buy, or you can bring your own picnic.  Click on the link above to find out more.

It's shaping up to be a busy year for me; my collection is going to be having a few outings!  I've already given a talk for the Boronia Probus Club, and the Ringwood Probus club has asked if I would do a talk for them too.  That will be in April.  Then in August/September, I'll be back at the Bundoora Homestead with some of my linens.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Now you've started, you won't be able to stop! Have fun