"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Great excitement here!

I just spoke to a friend who visited the Whittlesea show yesterday, and she told me that four of my pieces have won prizes - two first prizes!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be going there later today to collect my items, and will try to get some photos to post here tonight. I should have waited until then, but I'm tickled pink!
Another Melbourne blogger is also very excited, with good reason! She made a crazy patchwork quilt, which has been sold for $70,000! What a fantastic achievement - firstly to make this quilt (I doubt if I'd have the skill or the patience) and secondly to sell it to someone who obviously appreciates the countless hours of work and materials that go into such a project. Go here for a look, and leave a message of congrats. for Robyne!

7 comments:

Doreen G said...

Congratulations Gina--well done.

Irene ~ RE~VINTAGED said...

YaY!!!!

Jane said...

Well done, Gina, what a great achievement

Linens and Royals said...

Gina, that is so exciting, congratulations and will now be watching for the pics. Well Done.

Sharon said...

Congratulations Possum... Which pieces??? Make sure you take some photos with the winning ribbons...

Lakshmi said...

Hi Gina,
this is exciting really..congrats!!..

Joanne said...

Congratulations Gina! How exciting.